New! The First Smart Chip USB Type C® Extension Cord - 8' Extō Dual USB Port, Dual-Outlet Power Cord
The Extō USB Type C® - Charge Up To 59% Faster Than Standard USB
Better, Faster, Stronger, Smarter. Introducing The Surge-Protected Extō Smart USB Type C® - a better, faster, and easier to use solution for charging your notebooks, mobile devices, and other electronic accessories. USB C cords have smaller connectors that can be inserted in any orientation, and they push more power for faster charging. Combined with our Smart Chip technology, the new Extō Smart USB Type C® charges up to 59% faster than standard USB ports saving hours of waiting time.
Our Extō Smart USB Type C® has a single Smart USB C port to be used with any USB Type C® device and also has our standard Smart USB port for legacy device charging. The USB ports have a combined 5.4AMPS of charging power, with max 2.4 from the USB and 3AMPS from USB Type C port.
The smart chip communicates with the device to identify optimal charging power and throttles the power from the Extō to the device in a way that protects the device battery while optimizing charging speed. This smart chip technology reduces battery fatigue, helping extend device life by preserving the internal battery structure (typically lithium ion) so you can keep your phone, tablet, or laptop going strong for many months or years to come, even after hundreds of charging cycles.
As with our standard Smart USB product line, once your device is charged, our Smart USB and USB C ports also automatically shut off helping protect the device battery from voltage wear and excess heat. With a healthy battery, your device can live longer and perform better. The Extō Smart Chip USB Type C® patented All-Device™ layout even lets you charge all your devices at once. It can hold two standard plugs (or a plug and a bulb socket) and both USB cords usually without any interference.
The entire device is backup-protected with a Type 3 SPD (Surge Protective Device) to keep USB-connected devices safer while also reducing the risk of surge damage caused to appliances plugged into the power outlets. Under non-lightning surge events, the surge protector will disable the voltage flowing to any of the power ports. In the event of a surge, the entire unit must be replaced, so we offer an inexpensive replacement option to help you get charging stat.
We proudly use PVC-free electrical cord in all our products which reduces presence of chemicals and improves cable flexibility for a healthier home and better product experience
- The First Smart Chip USB Type C® Extension Cord
- 3AMP Smart USB Type C® Power Port
- 2.4AMP Max Standard USB Power Port
- Dual grounded outlets with 15AMP Max power delivery
- Type 3 Surge Protective Device for non-lightning surge protection
- Two 3-prong, Tamper-Resistant 125V outlets are kid-safer
- 1LB Metal housing is fire-resistant and stays where you place it - no more flip-flopping power strip
- Urethane feet are no-scratch and prevent slipping on hard surfaces
- The 8-foot, 15-AMP cord is long enough to reach the center of most rooms and can be converted to a lamp with a direct-plug bulb socket
- Built by hand in our Los Angeles factory with some imported components
- Every part is finished to the highest standard in a 5 step QC process.
- Non-slip, non-marking polyurethane feet keep the Extō in place
- Unique serial ID plate tracks manufacturing details for every Extō
- Cotton covered wire is overbraided in our factory on legacy machines
- Oversized rubber-covered plug for easier grip
- Four underside mounting holes can be used to fix-mount the Extō Smart USB to almost any surface with self-tapping screws (sold separately)
- Packaging is corrugate cardboard without plastic: fully recyclable and degradable if thrown away
- We use powder coating instead of paint to reduce VOC’s
- Every Extō is repairable or replaceable throughout the life of the product
- 5-year component warranty
- Lifetime surge repair (with limited replacement cost)
- CSA Listed Components under CSA rating for power cords specification (CSA certification pending)
- FT-2 Flame Test with good results
- 8-foot, cotton-covered industrial power cord
- 3-brass-prong grounded plug for optimal power performance
- Combination Duplex Receptacle/Outlet and dual USB Charger. 15 Amp, 125 Volt, Tamper Resistant, NEMA 5-15R. 2.4AMPs, 5VDC, 2.0 Type A USB Port, 3AMPs, 5V DC, 3.0 Type C® USB Port
- Indoor use only - please follow directions on the power cord warning label attached to each unit; for use with household appliances only
Every Extō is made in the USA with some imported components and is intended for use indoors with small appliances. If you're not sure which cord rating you need, please consult a professional.
Some colors not shown.
Patented and Patents Pending
The First Smart Chip Extension Cord - 12' Extō Dual-USB, Dual-Outlet - Carrara (Matte) Black
The Extō USB The Carrara Black Extō is based on the famous Carrara Marble quarry in Italy (hence the spelling). The black marble quarried there comes out a color close...
The First Smart Chip Extension Cord - 12' Extō Dual-USB, Dual-Outlet - Humboldt Fog Grey
The Extō USB In Humboldt County, California (known for redwoods, cheese, and other things) there is a grey cloud that sits over the coast nestled against the mountains. Our Humboldt...
The First Smart Chip Extension Cord - 12' Extō Dual-USB, Dual-Outlet - Charcoal Red
The Extō USB The Charcoal Red Extō captures the energy, passion, and power of fire, without actual fire. A deep gloss red and a muted solid dark grey cord, the...